Saturday, September 22, 2007

Week 7-Plans Again














For this past week I have really focused on the plans. I have been trying to get down to the real relationships happening. I started by creating a central opening that is uniform through out each floor. It houses all of the circulation for the building. Circulation for each floor also cuts through this space. These paths would be more translucent, glass railing, fiberglass like floor (I am not sure what to use to create this effect, I don't want a glass walkway) There is no direct light from top to bottom but soft light that filters through the varying paths. I have also been thinking a lot about what my diagrams will need to be for the final presentation. I am also working on a 3d model to really show the space and how interactive it really is! Some of the ideas as well for the two floor spaces: Art gallery can hang pieces into the openings creating a floating object that can be viewed from other spaces as well. The technology store could create digital displays with the latest products, ideas, etc. There is a lot to do this next week. Any feedback would be great! Good luck to everyone!

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Nice plans, I like how you pulled the floor edges inward creating a gap between the space and the buildig skin. I also like that it changes depending on what floor you are, that should definetly look cool in section. I notice your outer walls the way they are drawn, are you suggesting some kind of operable curtain wall?