Friday, September 14, 2007

Light Study and Plans



I have been working with a 3-d model to try and understand the light filtering through the building. I have made some changes to the floor plans to allow this light to filter all the way through the space. The facade is starting to take shape. I am looking at large steel panels that will be layered, stacked, or not even touching one another. These pieces will have abstracted shapes to allow light in and views out. The first floor and top floor will be open. Here are some preliminary images. I need to do a lot of work to annotate the plans and will have those for everyone to look at on Saturday. For now, here is where I am at. (I am also working on a site plan for my concept since somehow, I never really had one.)




1 comment:

enno said...

Annie,

What did you learn from these studies? have you adjusted the design after you went through this exercise?

I am asking, because unless there is a specific intent behind this, how does this help you in explaining the design? It goes back to what you want to achieve with the filtering process, what effect you are after and how it relates to the site and program.

Unfortunately, the plans don't enlarge when clicking them.